Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Homecoming, Halloween, and Weekend Fun

This morning Lucy's school had their Homecoming parade. She was very excited to watch the parade with her class and wear her special SPIRIT SHIRT- which is basically a fancy name for the shirt they make you buy at the beginning of the year to wear on field trips. She's four so the extent of her involvement in the parade was sitting on the curb with her classmates trying to catch candy, while also trying to get the attention of all the high schoolers she knows who were actually in the parade. She came home with a football shaped cookie and several pieces of candy. In her book, this was a successful morning.

After the parade we went to Target to get my nephew a birthday present. We picked out his gift and then decided to peruse the Halloween costumes....I think it's important for you to know that since June, Lucy has wanted to be Belle, Rapunzel, and Wilma Flinstone. But today everything changed when she saw a Jessi costume...you know, from Toy Story. Or is it Toy Story 2 or 3? Or is it 2 AND 3? I don't even know. Lucy has seen the Toy Story movies and liked them, but they are not what I would consider family favorites around here. I'm here to tell you, though, that when Lucy makes up her mind about something it's hard to change it. I must have asked her 20 times if she was sure and told her that if I bought this costume this was IT. She was going to be Jessi, END OF STORY. And then she proceeded to tell me that she was "100 and 25% off sure" that she wanted to be Jessi. Well, I guess that settled it. We are now the proud owners of a Jessi costume.

Tonight we'll go to the Homecoming game and Lucy will stay up WAY past her bedtime....Tomorrow afternoon is my nephew's third birthday party. And then- tomorrow night- FLORIDA VS. ALABAMA. In.the.swamp! I'm so excited, and I think it's going to be a much better game than Alabama fans are predicting. And kudos to my sister AND the Gator football scheduler people for planning their respective events at different times. I love Tivo, but Florida-Alabama is not a game I want to watch on a delay. On Sunday we'll go to church and then the Jags game....and a win would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: