Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

And now, for the fourth time, I'm really committed to blogging and sticking to it....

I am not a good blogger. I have tried in the past- several times- and just don't seem to be able to stick to it. But the fact of the matter is, I probably post way more "guess what cute thing my kid did today" statuses on my facebook page than people really care about. So my goal here is not only to keep the three of you who actually do care about every adorable thing my kids do informed, but also to start saving them somewhere so that I will be able to remember them myself. I'm sure that along the way I will post things that are totally uninteresting to everyone and I will probably once again slack off in the blogging department at some point....but my intentions are good! So here we go.....

I'll start with a little background info on me and my family, just in case anyone out there doesn't know us. I know the chances are slim to none that anyone outside my circle of friends will ever read this, but you never know. I could be the next Big Mama, who by the way, is the author my favorite blog ever- www.thebigmamablog.com.

I am a stay at home mom of two beautiful girls, ages four and a half and 18 months, and a wife to a man who works super hard to take care of our family. He has a very demanding full-time job and also works part-time as the children's pastor at our church. Sometimes I give him a hard time about not helping around the house more, but the reality is if I were him I would probably want to come home and go to sleep as soon as I walked in the door. And the reality is that if he were me, he would probably want to do the same. Fortunately for me and the girls, he does not go to sleep as soon as he walks in the door. He is greeted at the door by two giddy girls every night, and he is the official bath giver and bed time Bible story reader. I am so very blessed!

Our oldest daughter (L) just started pre-K last month and is doing great. She is attending a Christian school and we are amazed by what she has already learned in such a short time. We've always known she was smart, of course, because we're not biased at all. At four years old, she is currently working on memorizing the 23rd Psalm. She is in her second year of tap and ballet, and she loves to perform for us at home. She has quite a personality and you never know what she's going to say....she definitely keeps us on our toes.

Our youngest daughter (A) is 18 months old and she also keeps us on our toes, but in a totally different way. She is into everything! She has the sweetest little personality, but also quite a temper....and did I mention she's into everything? I probably say, "Put that down", "Get down", and/or "Sit down" 30 times a day. And most of the time, she laughs at me. Fortunately (for her), she has these enormous brown eyes along with a unique ability to make YOU feel bad for HER after she's just blatantly ignored you.

My life pretty much consists of taking care of the kids, making sure our house doesn't look like a tornado hit it (and I'm not always successful), and trying to be a good wife...most importantly, I'm trying to live my life the way God has called me to- and unfortunately, I'm not always successful at that, either. We are very active in our church....my husband is the children's pastor so of course I help him with that. I also sing on the praise team and am involved in our women's ministry and church council.

I really do plan to blog often.....but only time will tell!

No comments: